MBAA conference

Chicago, kick ass architecture, great food and ridiculously windy weather. The time when my research saw the light of day. The most anticipated moment, months of work came to this day. Suited and prepared we went in the Palmer Hilton only to be belittled by our Professor's son. aah well, coffee and the urge to pee every 15 minutes thanks to the ridiculous amount of water we had consumed kept us busy. The first presentation got rave reviews and the wait continued for my presentation. The silk suit and the chilly windy weather did not bode well for the thin runner in me. Shivering away to glory we went to Pizaanos and here we met the most OCD'd waiter in the WORLD. The guy was so paranoid to do things properly he screwed up my order, as my non vegeterian friends gorged on their food. I incessantly shivered to the revolving door which was exactly opposite to where I was sitting.  The war between my gastric stomach and my shivering body began as i yearned for the Mark's special pizza. Finally, it came , well we thought it came but it was something else.

 However, I must digress as I was thinking at this point of time about the most weirdest presentation I had heard in my entire life. eh, it kinda makes sense now. But still the presentation about how world of warcraft mimics the international business market. Warcraft and marketing, how do people even conceptualize such notions is itself fascinating. While these presenters were presenting me and my friend were Googling stuff about what they were saying and what was freaking happening in front of us. While I reminisced with the growling stomach the OCD man beckoned with the most hauntingly beautiful pizza. At this point of time I was so tired from the acidity and the chill, we decided to pack the stuff up.  
Presentation time beckoned and the meager research I had done got rave reviews from the philosophers and the educators who were in the session. However, the presentation on the open source business solutions went well not because of work that went it to it. Because of the hungry desi in me who gorged 6 masala dosas and 4 idlis and some bisibelle baths aaand 2 filter coffees, the previous night. Tales of the hungry Desi in the next episode of Amercadalli Brahmanna 

6 comments:

  1. beautifully written. I'm proud of you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Was even more amusing since I was there with you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fineee...dont mention our names !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yours will be a seperate posting , i.e the next one and the one after that :D

      Delete
  4. belittled by our professor's son.. rofl lmao....

    ReplyDelete

Comments